Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It’s Never Too Late...




It never really is.

Especially, when I haven’t written anything for 2012.
Especially, when I promised myself to keep on writing.

A couple of weeks back, as we welcomed 2012 with open arms, I did want to write about new year. I was randomly blog-hopping and everyone wrote about it. Actually, more like doing a review (those top something-of-sort) - but just that. I was hoping to read something about what have we learnt from last year. Something really worth the read, something that’s reflective and enlightening. But I might have clicked and read the wrong pages as I failed to find anything. So I thought I’ll be the one to write about it. I started my first paragraph with the question: “What did we really learn from last year?” and continued on with what I thought was a substantial reply. I was so engrossed in finishing it then like a speeding bus on a highway about to run-over a cat, I stepped hard on the brake pedal  and  stopped writing. I read and re-read back, stared at the monitor for a couple of minutes and then I clicked…



               I realized I was not making any sense.  (Pardon me for being self-absorbed, but as far as I’m aware of, there are only a few times that I don’t make sense) I realized I haven’t learned anything – And that it scared me. So I shied myself away from that very thought and I haven’t been thinking of writing since. HOWEVER,  my absence from blogosphere has been haunting me lately like the bloody-red essays I had back in college. So here I am trying to come up with something sensible, which I doubt if I am.

So (by the way) at this point, I am giving myself THE (read THEE) benefit of the doubt. Realizations about what I learned from my last year might hit me later. I thought that I shouldn’t force myself to over-think and over-analyze the passing of time just because tradition (plus the ever-sensational media) tells us so. I shouldn’t be too hard on myself. Epiphany after all, comes at its own time. So here’s a better-late-than-never HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And...HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, TOO! Almost forgot that. 



P.S. I did a lot of things and rendezvoused to a couple of places. Excited to write about it soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment